Saturday, July 17, 2004

One night in Bangsar

Neil finally arrived in KL yesterday afternoon (luckily he was already in the hotel when the thunderstorms occurred), but I only managed to join him late today's morning after saying my goodbyes to my Mom and my family at my sister's place.

It's nice to see him again. How I terribly missed my kisses and cuddles which I always get from him at home! Mmmmmmm.. nice..

*blush*

Anyway, as planned, we also met my good friends from college, Afzan and Pinat later in the afternoon, so that they'll able to meet my hubby Neil (it was Pinat's second time, since she met him the last time she came to Perth on her company's work visit), and also because of the fact that Afzan got a car, so he'd be able to help drive us around town, since I wanted to show Neil the other face of the city, in particular the more prosperous suburbs of Damansara Heights and Bangsar.

At least he'd be able to see this strange fascination among the locals to incorporate those awkward looking Greek columns *cringe!* into the front of their 2-or-3-storeys bungalows, without even considering any significance of putting them there in the first place!

I just couldn't understand who started this silly idea of equaling personal wealth to an awfully-looking bungalows with a totally mis-matched of architectural styles.

["Waaahh, Tan Sri.. Your bung-a-loww so nice lorrr.. A very unique Italian-Greek-Roman style form, with a hint of flavour of Balinese-resort-inspired feeeel.. Wahlau mehh.. must be very expensive, ahhh?!!"]

*cringing to the max*

Where got taste there?!

And don't even get me started on the interior design bit!

Anyway, back to my story, after all the drive we ended stopping for dinner at Jalan Telawi in Bangsar.
People were eating at the food stalls in Bangsar, while their eyes remain glued to the TV!
It was really nice being able to eat out on the street stalls, something you'd never get to see in Australia..

There's always varieties of food and dishes I could choose from, and the atmosphere's always alive, so full of energy and activity. However, the only one difference that I notice tonight in this visit, was the constant attention the general public are giving to the the TV sets (yup, they actually DO have TV installed too at the stalls!) all while having their dinner.

Their eyes were practically glued onto the TVs, while their hand made the feeding movement from the plate to the mouth. (Let's just hope nobody had a face-stabbed-with-a-fork incident there.. NOT a pretty sight to see while trying to enjoy your food, I'd say!)

Apparently, it was Saturday night, and it was the weekly performance and elimination night for the contestants of Akademi Fantasia, a locally-produced reality-talent-TV show, which has the same intention/feel as the more internationally well-known UK based Pop Idol TV show, or even it's off-springs the American Idol , Australian Idol.. and (get this) Malaysian Idol too!

Sad phenomenon isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home