Wednesday, July 14, 2004

The awkward silence

I decided to go back to KL today, (since I've made plan to meet up with Alan tonight, and join him for a theatre show) and my Mom is tagging along too.

The funny thing was, during this time, I've made sure that I doze off in the bus trip to avoid any awkward conversation with my Mom. (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE chatting with my Mom, but sometimes it could be quite a pain for me.. And I really mean PAIN!)
Me dozing off in my bus trip back tu KL, while my Mom sitting quietly on the other side of the aisle..
All THIS, was after our last trip together (about 8 months earlier, when I was last back in Malaysia), when we ended talking about my younger brother (who was getting married at that time) and my youngest sister (who was getting engage herself), and then our conversation suddenly shifted to ME!

My Mom was starting to ask me whether I'd want her to find me a prospective wife (yes.. OMG!!) since she knew one, whom she thinks would be suitable for me! (But of course, I expertly and quickly too - haha! - change the subject later)

*Ewwwwwwww...*
*extreme cringe factor there*
(If only she'd knew she actually already have a son-in-law! Hehehe..)
:-P

And so, I slept throughout the journey this time.. and everyone's ended up happy (especially this yours truly!)


2 Comments:

Blogger jazz said...

Aren't all mothers like that? Mine has been bugging me ever so persistently esp since I've turned 21. *shudder*Boy, I can imagine the awkwardness. It's like a soap opera. You've got hitched but ur family's oblivious and they're ignorantly meddling to find u prospective wives. Drama ah!

By the way, smooth way of escaping. Hmmn, will definitely try with my mom. ;-)

Friday, August 20, 2004 8:38:00 am  
Blogger azmi | 2¢ said...

Yes, just go fall asleep, or at least pretend that you were asleep! It works fine for me all the time!!

Hehehhh..

Anyway, I guess it was just my Mom being a MOM.. mothering us all. And as much as I might hate the situation, I really LOVE my mom with all my heart!!

*blushes*

Monday, August 23, 2004 8:25:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home