Tuesday, November 02, 2004

My girl is 10

It's my eldest niece's birthday today.
Yup, Fatin is 10 already.

*sigh* ..and how time really flies..

I still remember when she was just this tiny baby girl. The first grandchild for my parents. The pride of the family.

And I remember cradling her in my arms when she can't stop crying at some nights (this during my college years and I stayed with my sis' family), and my sister's just too tired to pacify her girl after having such a long day at work.

I'd hush Fatin softly and rock her in my arms, calming her down, until she fell asleep again.

I remember, on one of her birthdays, when she was about 6, and I bought her a pair of pink blouse with matching three-quarter shorts, and her face just gleamed with joy when she opened the birthday present.

I remember her first time in Kindergarten, and how she proudly show me her school bag, and books, and colour pencils, when she got home from school.

I remember the calls she'd normally made to my mobile phone, when I no longer live with her family (once I've started working) and she'd be asking me how come I hardly visit her anymore, and how much she rindu (missed) me.

I remember, how she'd always 'fight' with her cousins (my 2 nephews) on how long I should be staying at her place, compare to the boys', whenever I eventually do my obligatory visits to my sisters' place, during holidays and long weekends.

I remember the sad looks on her face when she found out I was leaving Malaysia and going to live in Perth, Australia, and she wondered how often I'd be coming back to visit her. But then her moods quickly changed when she realized the opportunity for her to get gifts from me, whenever I DO come back for short holidays to visit the family.

There's so much that I remember when my girl is growing up, and now suddenly she's a big girl.

Happy 10th Birthday my darling Fatin.

With all my love, hugs and kisses..
From your dear uncle,
UdaAzmi

:")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home