Sunday, October 24, 2004

Party time

Oh-my-God.

My eyes are wide awake, but my brain is still asleep.

Considering that my body just about to recover from the jet-lag I had coming back from the recent trip to Europe, staying up late last night and coming home to nearly 4:30am(!) wouldn't make it any better for the recovery process at all..

Yes ladies & gentlemen, I went to Perth Pride Parade, and later the Pride Party last night, and I had a bloody swell of time! ;-)

The Parade seemed to be much better organized compared to last year, and the fact that effort had been made to do a simulcast show with the radio Nova 93.7FM, really helps to set the festive feel among the crowd, with boppy/dancy music simultaneously coordinated to the on-going parade. There was even some fireworks to boost too!

This year, Neil & I again joined one of the float parading down the street, and boy it certainly bring out a lot of memory of my first parade I did here in Perth in 2001. The feeling was tremendous back then. It just made you proud of who you are, and where you are in life, sexuality doesn't seem to be any issue at all. And last night, I felt it all over again. Totally exhilarating.

Even Mark was in the parade too with us, along with his niece and her friend.

Later, we all head out for pizza, for our late dinner, and then we went separate way, since Neil & I are going to the Party afterwards. But beforehand, we stopped at the latest gay bar in town, just recently opened in Perth: Eurobar, just to see how the place is, and boy was it packed!

Everybody was definitely high on the party mood after the parade, and we just can't wait to head out there to the party venue.

The Party itself turned out quite good too. Staged at 2 different venues (but still within a short distance to each other) due to problems securing a bigger venue earlier in the year for the party, I decided straight away that we would stay at the Gilkisons (a bigger dance hall with high volume of ceiling) rather than at the Ambar (a smaller, more intimate club-like dance floor).

Unfortunately, everyone else was thinking the same, so we ended up having to stay in a queue *bummer* for quite some time before finally being allowed to get in by the security.

Despite that initial brief setback, we had a great time dancing, as soon as we got in. Oh yeah. The organiser had done a good job selecting the line up for the night's DJs, and the visual electronic display and disco-lightworks are truly up to standard.

And of course, yours truly had really burn the dance floor while having such a wonderful time (when were the last time we dance? :-o Like so many MONTHS ago?!!) Luckily nobody was murdered nor seriously injured in the process of doing so. Hehehh..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi azmi,

my first time visit here frm teekey's..
nice blog..

-taufix.dairyland.com-

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:54:00 pm  
Blogger azmi | 2¢ said...

Hi Taufix,

Thanks for dropping by. I've checked your blog too, and I'm sure I'll be checking it out more often in the future too!

;-)

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:58:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home