Thursday, July 08, 2004

Home is where your heart is..

I just realized today, it's only another 2 more days, and I'll be flying back to Kuala Lumpur (KL) for a short break.

It seems a little bit strange these days, trying to process my feelings whenever I travel to Malaysia from Perth.

Perth view from King's Park, photo by Jodie Hunter I might have only been here in Perth, Australia for less than 3 years, but I'm pretty sure this is where I want to build my life now, especially with Neil in my whole picture.

As foreign as it may seem, this is my home now. But what does it make of my past? Are Malaysia any more significant in my life, or just becoming another place in the world I regularly visited, to see my family and catch up with friends?

Kuala Lumpur I was in Kuala Lumpur at least for 10 years of my whole entire life, prior to my move to DownUnder.

That's were I study and eventually got a job. That's where most of my family lives these days, and my friends too, and it was also my playground where I encounter some of the most wonderful people there.. ;-)

There was just so much memories there, I can't possibly ignore the impact it has, in my life.

Flying back to KL will always freshen me up with all the memories, good or bad. But what made it mostly worth the trip is to see those familiar places that made my life so wonderful and meaningful, back then, now and always will.. My loving family and great close friends..

But still... I know, as soon as my flight take off from the runaway at Perth airport, I'd instantly missed this new city I now call home.. and not forgetting my darling hubby at home. [Luckily, he'll be joining me 5 days after I left.. and then at the end of this trip, we'd both be looking forward to get back to our home that we started together.. ;-)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home