Friday, August 12, 2005

hazy shade of winter - The Bangles

I know for a fact that a serious case of HAZE has been occuring in the South East of Asia, or more prominently in the peninsular Malaysia. Apparently these past few days, the Air Pollutant Index (API) has even exceeded the dangerous level, beyond the 500 API mark!

What the..?!
@_@

Ironically, THIS is NOT a new problem. Years after years, the same issues keep on arising, ie. major haze problem due to the forest open-burning act in the neighbouring country.

Neighbour? I mean I thought neighbours are supposed to take care of each other, not choking us to death with some of their air-polluting deadly smoke?

If any one of my neighbour here start burning off rubbish out in the open, I would have tell them, You better put off that bloodyfucking flame you sonoffabitch, you. What are you, an idiot, or what? @#%&!! You muthafucka.

Okay. I'd probably be a bit kinder than THAT, and put my thoughts into a more respectable words. But you know what I mean.
To illustrate how bad the current haze situation facing Kuala Lumpur/Malaysia, check out the diagram below, in particular where it has been circled, which I got from a blog I happened to visit recently (thanks najib, hope you don't mind!):

The circle marks the dirty spot!

Eeeeeeewww.. Gross! *chokes and gasps for FRESH air!*

I just can't believe how all of you up there survive such horrible condition. I'm just glad that the air wasn't that bad when I was back in KL last month. Let's just hope that some rain would fall and clear up the air a bit there.

At least here in Perth/Australia, with ARE getting a lot of downpour, even as we're approaching the end of WINTER. And as I'm writing this up, there's a HUGE raincloud approaching the city from the west, pictured below (image courtesy of the Bureau of Meteorology, Australia):

It's raining Men Hail!

In fact, it's already drizzling constantly now, and we're expecting more over the weekend, complete with squally wind, hails and storm.

It might be wet and cold here in Perth. But at least we're not choked by the dirty haze, and I'm eternally grateful for that. I just hope everybody else in Malaysia, including my family and friends are coping well with their current unfortunate situation. Just hang on there mates!

4 Comments:

Blogger Fiebie said...

the haze was unbearable. i am in shah alam, and had to face the terrible weather for 5 days, and during the last day when they announced the API reaches 500 in some places in selangor, shah alam API was reaching 480. we cannot sleep well, we have to breathe slowly, our shirts look like it has never been washed for ages.

my family shared baby niece nap machine, you know the oxygen machine, and my sister was so furious because 3 of her child are asthmatics. The government announced emergency if the API reaches 500, but 500 is beyond the dangerous level. At 300 it was already intolerable. Everyone was so worried, because health is deteriorating. Even now, without the haze problem we can still smell the smoke smell in the air.

But the best thing is, I don’t have to teach for 1 week, because the university announces a whole week vacation for all students.

Yahooooooooooooooooooo… mak suka mak sukaaaaaaaaaaaa

Monday, August 15, 2005 3:55:00 pm  
Blogger azmi | 2¢ said...

fiebie >>
Elleh.. eksyen ler tu.
Nyampah!
:-P

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 11:06:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mate.i did leave a tag earlier but i'm not sure if it's posted. I'm orang melayu down under too like you. used to live in Perth until I moved to NSW. Am interested to get to know you as a friend boleh tak? No Spam nothing just a sincere part on my side to be mates. my email: duchess_malfy17@hotmail.com
Hear from you ok!

Friday, September 16, 2005 1:19:00 pm  
Blogger thewisekid said...

glad the Indon-made dirty air has passed us by~

=)

angelitaatractivo.blopspot.com
-we have reached the hazardous stage! august archive-

sweet thoughts, bllue skies & everything nice~

=)

Friday, September 16, 2005 1:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home