Friday, August 05, 2005

The Amazing Race 7

Finally, the wait was over.

I was talking about the hit reality TV show, The Amazing Race 7. The final episode for that season, was aired last nite over Channel 7.

Despite the initial spoiler whichI got about nearly 3 months ago, from some fellow blogger (or LiveJournalers, rather. Yup I was talking about YOU abdaziz! Hehe..), I still decide to follow the show whenever time's permitting.

I know, where's the fun in watching such show if you already know the winners, right? Agreed. Points noted.

BUT what better way to spend my wintry Thursday night here in Perth, when there's nothing much else are available on the other channels, other than to travel all over the world at a flick of a TV remote button, all while sitting comfortably on the sofa?

Anyway, the producer for this show is always reliable in providing some decent home entertainment, with their sharp and efficient editing process. And they've won a few awards (was it for the Emmy award?) for the best reality TV show in America too, for a few years in a row.

And I'm glad I watched the final leg of the race last nite. The final 3 couple-contestants, Ron & Kelly, Rob & Amber, and Uchenna & Joyce, really gave an all-out effort to get to the finishing line.

Despite the negative response given to Rob & Amber, by most people I know who watch the proggramme, I personally think that they were the best reality-TV villain ever performed on TV. The spice they added to the show certainly increased the sense of suspense to the avid fans of the show. And if they were to win the million dollar prize, I'd say they deserve it for their awesome effort. Well, most of the time it was Rob (he doesn't sound that bright, this fella) who did all the nasty job anyway.

But then again, as everybody in the world should have known by know (I really hope so, or else this would have been a MAJOR SPOILER for you too!)... they weren't the winner. Too bad.

And I swear I could hear a big cheer somewhere out there, from those who'd love to HATE them if they had won. Haha..

So, hats off to Uchenna & Joyce (my next favourite couple in this season) for being such a deserving team to win, after ALL the trouble they had to go through to stand on that final grand winners spot.

Yay!

Now I just can't wait for the show's next season's installment, and from what I found here.. and to quote it here:

The Amazing Race 8 (Family Edition) - Applications Due March 11th, 2005

.. it seems so promising already, no matter what that "Family Edition" was suppose to mean in the first place anyway. Bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home