Friday, August 13, 2004

Sydney Olympics re-run

Sydney Olympics 2000 PosterIn about less than 2 hours time, the main opening ceremony of the Athens 2004 Olympics would be shown live on Channel 7. But I just couldn't be arsed to wait for it. Because, it only starts at 1:30am! And wouldn't finish until about 5:30am. WTF eh?

Haven't you heard of time-zoning?
Oh.

Instead, I chose to watch the re-run of the Sydney 2000 Olympics opening ceremony, also shown on Channel 7. Bloody excellent I tell 'ya!

Some people say, it was only because the Australians just couldn't help to accept that Olympics in Sydney was so over, and they would love to think that the Greeks would never able to achieve the same success as theirs. At least when it comes to the opening gala party anyway.

Whatever.

All I know is, I missed the Sydney opening ceremony because of the fucking bad TV reception (damn you RTM!) on my TV at my place, back then in KL. So, this time I made sure I won't missed it. Didn't I tell you.., it was EXCELLENT!

I can always catch the Athens ceremony tomorrow morning, when they do a re-run of it at 9:30am.

Smart me, eh?
;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home