Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Sheila Majid new CD

Sheila Majid's Cinta KItaDid I tell you that during our recent shopping trip in IKEA KL, at the brand new Ikano Centre, I also bought some CD's from Speedy Videos there too.

And one of the CD I bought was Cinta Kita by Sheila Majid.

I wasn't even aware that this album had been released until when I was back in KL. I guess it was just a hush-hush affair, even though apparently, it HAD been released first in the Indonesian market.

Anyway, Sheila Majid and me gone a waaaaay back in history. Nothing personal though, only just the fact that I've always love her music ever since I've heard her from the first album.

Oh boy, has it been really THAT long? :-o

I still remember the time in High School when Faris and I would share a headphone to listen to Sheila's Sinaran album, in the bus during one of our school trip to the east coast.

Then, during A-Levels, I would sneaked out quietly out of my hostel, to see her performed LIVE in her Warna Concert tour, without any of my roommates knowing about it at all! And coincidently, Faris did the same thing, when he actually left his college in Kuantan, to see the concert too! (Now, if only we had met during the concert, then it would have been more FUN, and Sheila would probably had to deal with this two screaming grrls while she sang, and THAT might not be a pretty sight too).

And of course, there's the memorable huge by a Malaysian- standard anyway, Ikhlas concert at Stadium Merdeka, which I went with a bunch of A-Levels friends, and not forgetting the countless of times I went for the meet the fans session for autograph-signing in shopping malls around KL.

There's also her performance at the Hard Rock Cafe KL, which I went with my ITM college mate Madi, and later her mini concert at Planet Hollywood KL, which I went with my darling sis.

Her more recent albums had a mix of great and not so great songs, but I never failed to buy it, no matter how late it would be. And this bring us to her current release.

I've been listening to the whole album for hours since this morning, and what can I say, it was slightly different to any other albums that she had released before.

Perhaps, the fact that it has more Indonesian touch to the music arrangement might have something to do about it, but nevertheless, I wasn't too disappointed at all. Different but still nice.

I just gotta listen to it a few more times, and would only stop, once if the neighbours start to complain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home