Sunday, July 25, 2004

Hellboy

HellboyWe just arrived in Perth just now, and everything at home seemed to be in place.

The flight in from Singapore went well too, although I didn't sleep a single wink since my attention was so transfixed onto the video-screen, watching the shows in the in-flight entertainment. Besides, I just want to make sure I'll get better and deeper sleep once I reached home.

Anyway, one of the movie I watched during the flight was Hellboy, with Ron Perlman's in the starring role as the devilboy from Hell, brought up into this world by a Nazi mystical experiment with link/bridge to the other world.

Despite his ugly evil appearance, Hellboy - nicknamed HB by his close mates - IS with the good guys.

Anyway, the movie is based on a comic character which I've seen when I was still in college years ago, beautifully drawn by Mike Mignola.

And, despite me haven't been faithfully following the original comics, I've always love the art drawn by the artist, so it just made me curious how the movie maker would made the movie and try to justify and transfer whatever on the pages of the comic book onto the silver screen.

Truth to be told, it wasn't a bad job after all.

Although sad to say, the small screen in front of my flight seat did hamper down my excitement a little bit. However, the whole movie was still thoroughly enjoyable, with plenty of action and special effects to razzle and dazzle.

I wouldn't be surprised if I decided to watch it again on the big screen, since Perth, or even Australia for that matter, seems to be always left behind when it comes to the new releases of recent movies.

We'll see how it goes..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home