Wednesday, August 24, 2005

a friend in need, is a friend indeed

If there's ever one thing that I missed most after leaving KL (besides my family and those delicious food of course!) and move DownUnder, is the fact that I'm leaving behind all my friends too.

They're NOT just your average people whom you just greet your hi's and bye's to whenever you feel like doing so; these so-called friends are definitely more than that. Being brought up in a boarding school for most of my life teenage life, friends are like my extended family to me, my confidante, even my lifeline.

I could never imagine my how I could ever last this long in my life, if it wasn't for the constant sincere support of these beautiful people called friends, on top of the undying love I got from my family.

So when I finally moved here in Perth, one of the hardest fact I had to deal is not knowing anyone at all whom I could call friend. Of course, there were those kids in college whom I met nearly everyday, but I still find it a bit hard to get along closer to them, partially due to our slight age difference (most of them are fresh high school graduates anyway, thus we obviously have a totally different wavelengths in our thinking).

But then again, thanks to my dearest childhood friend, Faris, I do get my regular dose of close friendship connection whenever he flew into Perth in his flight duty. At least, knowing he'd be there for me no matter how hard my life could be here in such foreign place at times, gave me the strength to keep moving on.

So the past few years, other than the occasional visits from Faris, I had to merely content myself with these mere acquaintence from college, until early this year when I finally met D through one of those internet websites.

Right from the first time we met, we just clicked right away. I guess knowing that we shared so much similarities on the story of how we ended up in this country just gave us more reasons to get to know each other more. His sense of down-to-earthness also helps, especially considering how nasty fellow Asians (yup, he's Malaysian too, also with an Aussie partner) could be, whenever they encounter anybody with similar skin complexion as theirs.

I'm not sure why with such hostility from these people. They must be dealing some issues with their low self-esteem, or maybe they were just being territorial? Kosser betul ngan hadek2 nih. I totally don't have time for such games. But D was never like any of them.

The friendship between us just grows naturally, and what even better, we both LOVE Ning Baizura's earlier and recent albums to death. (Haha.. *blushes*)

Since he was always busy with work, and me with my studies, we could only meet once in a while. And everytime when we do meet, we always had such a great time catching up.

And then the hard bit came.

D has been dealing with some back pain recently, and even the trip to the doctor or physiotherapist couldn't make much difference. The pain finally gone after a while, only to come back, but this time even much more aggressive.

I only found out yesterday (since I've been a bit busy myself) that D had been taking off days from work, for the past 2 weeks, and had also been to the hospital to get some biopsy done on him. Apparently, the pain (in his lower back of his spine) that he had been experiencing all this while has started to show in the form of some swelling in one of his lymph nodes.

The result for his biopsy wouldn't be known until later next week, but the doctor only offered 2 possibilities:
  • He could have been having some serious viral infection in his lymph nodes, OR
  • There's a possibility that it could also be some cancerous problem (and THAT could be one big nasty news)
At this stage, there's nothing much that we, or rather he could do but to wait. It's really strange and totally emotionally hurtful when somebody you get along very well and closed to (despite only knew him/her for a such short period) had to deal with such traumatic experience.

At least, until the result comes out and all this sorted out, all that we could do is pray.

It's going to be a VERY long hard week for D, his partner T, and his family. And it'd be just as hard for us too.

I wish D great strength in dealing with this difficult time in his life. Just hang on strong there, mate.. We are all behind you for all the support that you need.

*HUGS*

Take care.

19 Comments:

Blogger bRed said...

hang in there D, and you too Azmi. Though I do not pray much anymore, I do wish that he gets well and the results are positive...

Sunday, August 28, 2005 1:44:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is an odd request but could you leave your email or maybe email me at freyas27@yahoo.com?

thanks.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 10:50:00 pm  
Blogger azmi | 2¢ said...

husz >>
Thanks for the thoughts, mate.

anonymous/freyas27@yahoo.com >>
Uhmm.. I don't normally give out my email to strangers, especially considering the amount of spam I've been getting lately. May I at least know WHY do you need it, or WHAT's it that you want to ask me about first?
Thanks.

Monday, August 29, 2005 3:58:00 pm  
Blogger ku E said...

hie azmi,
your blogs quite interesting but juz dun hv d time to real all yet tho'. i've added yrs 2 my fav anyway. will try 2 catch up wz u soonest possible ;)

Monday, August 29, 2005 5:51:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah no worries, not gonna spam or anything but just adding on a new friend.

I just discovered your blog late last night, surf thru all the archives and man I have to say thank you to you so much tho you don't write much about perth but it just cure me from missing so much about it with all the familiar places being mentioned.

If I'm still in Perth, for sure I would have asked you out for coffee since when I was there, didn't hang out much with the malay people there. and you're in tafe! city branch is it? had wanted to get in there as well, just hadn't got around to it yet.

I just love perth that much and you cure some parts of it. eheh.

thank you!!!

-freyas-

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send my regard to D. Hope he strong. He is so lucky to have a friend like u.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 1:24:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hellow there..
please convey my regards to D..hes so lucky to hav u as a fren..keep on supporting him..n nice blog too..:D

Monday, September 05, 2005 8:16:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you gay?
just asking ok!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you gay?
just asking ok!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

assalamualakum..hye there

how's D? looking forward for ur new entry :D

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:21:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

i'm orang melayu down under too. care to be friends? email me: duchess_malfy17@hotmail.com

don't worry no spam nothing. just a sincere action on my part to be a friend :) here from you ok! p/s: I miss perth. used to live there now I'm in NSW.

Friday, September 16, 2005 10:16:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

azmi xnak update blog ke?

Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:02:00 pm  
Blogger Zed said...

selamat hari raya down under bro... cheers.

Friday, October 28, 2005 4:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi azmi,
wish D well fr me...
be strong bro n keep on support him as a fren..he really need that...:)

-zrn-

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:37:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi uols... thanks sudi singgah ke blog mek. i just came back from cuti raya...

nice blog... mek nak add your blog to my links boleh tak?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:16:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first time reading your blog.. very interesting..

be strong for your friend.. if not you, who else?

Thursday, November 24, 2005 3:42:00 pm  
Blogger Ariza & Wan said...

windu mesia erk! meh balik mesia meh! nanti i treat u sambal belacan one full bowl amacam! lalallal....*wink*

actually from the first sight i tertarik dengan u punya title simple and nice and i guess there is a lot of stories behind 2 cents...

and by reading ure blogs i found it interesting and u do keep me reading until finished.

GOOD WORK!! MAINTAIN THE GOOD WORK BUDDY!

see u in mesia!!

Monday, June 26, 2006 9:54:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey!

can't help but see some similarities..i was brought up in boarding school too..an all girls one in seremban..haha.

and YES, i MISS my friends! can't stress that enough.

hope D's all right.

yeah, love ning, too! mr manager said that the new album's gonna be sold on the net, so we'll just wait and see, hehehe.

hope to keep in touch.

p/s: i've been getting some weird looks fr fellow asians..not to forget i was stalked within my first week here by a pakistani cab driver!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh*

liana
QLD

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:48:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first time reading ur blog n it is interesting.u do keep me reading ur blog until finished. 2 cents huh? oo u should watch diz malay movie( aishah 50 puluh sen)..there might be some similarities between u two. ;p..although she's richer than u. sorry bout ur fren, D..jz tell him to hang on n he's lucky 2 hav u as a fren..btw i luv NING..especially her song curiga featuring someone bt hussein..icnt remember who..fairuz izzit?? not sure. k gtg..im in my class rite nw. hope 2 read more from u. toodles~

Thursday, August 30, 2007 3:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home