Friday, June 04, 2004

Movie-craved me

Tonite I watched the movie, Evolution (starring David Duchovny) on the TV.
Evolution
It was made in 2001, and I've always wanted to watch it before, but never got to do it. Until tonite..

And then, it just made me realized how I've been preventing myself from the joy of movie-watching that I used to LOVE and ENJOY so much back in Kuala Lumpur.

It's been nearly 2 1/2 years since I first arrived here in Australia (in January 2002), and I just realized how MANY movies I had missed!

Matrix Revolution. Yup, missed that.
Lord of the Ring 2 and 3. Hmmm, missed them both.
Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2.. Them too.
The Punisher. Same there..
Van Helsing. Ditto.
Do I need to go on here? :-/

And those are only the Blockbuster list. I haven't even get into the Independent/Art movies list that I missed!

Not that I have much choice anyway. The price of one movie ticket here is so damn expensive I could possibly watch 2 or 3 movies back in KL. I know I could never enjoy life here if I keep on doing the currency exchange thingy (it has been 2 1/2 years GODDAMNIT!!)

Otherwise, I do have the options of catching the movies when they are shown at a cheaper (half price? About AUD$5) rate in Piccadilly cinema in Hay Street Mall, but by the time any of the movies reaches there, I've already lost my interest.

And to watch on DVD's, I even had to wait longer! And we do NOT have any plasma screen TV at home, anyway (excuse me, THAT IS essential element in home movie-watching anyway.. right?!)

Maybe I should get a part-time job in a cinema..
*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home